Monday, November 29, 2010

2004 Topps, Frank Catalanotto



#264 Frank Catalanotto

Here is a card that I got signed at a Royals game in 2008. Frank was playing for the Rangers then and I was able to get this card signed by the visiting team dugout. I only had two cards of Frank at the time, but Frank is a one-per guy and he only signed the other card I had. Lucky for me, my buddy Dustin was with me and he was able to get this card signed for me.

I didn't realize it until I checked his stats, but Frank has been playing in the Major Leagues since 1997. He has played for the Tigers, Rangers, Blue Jays, Brewers, and Mets. His best years probably came while he was with the Jays as he had a career high 13 home runs for them in 2003 and a career high of 59 in 2003 and 2005. However, his highest batting average in a season was .330 and that came as a Ranger in 2001.

Frank represented team Italy in the 2006 and 2009 World Baseball Classic.

3 comments:

Goose Joak said...

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this...but I keep getting a security error when visiting this blog. I think it's because of the tastelikedirt feed.

zman40 said...

Thanks for the tip Dave; I had no idea. I removed the taste like dirt feed. Let me know if that improves anything.

Orioles Magic said...

For such a long last name, I can kind of see enough letters to like his signature.