Saturday, November 6, 2010

2004 Donruss, C.C. Sabathia



#109 C.C. Sabathia

Here is a card that I got signed through the mail in 2009. I sent this card to CC during Spring Training and after a five and a half month wait, it arrived safe and sound at the end of August. At first, I thought that it was a little strange that the card was postmarked in Oakland on a day that the Yanks were playing in the Bronx. Luckily Dan, from the apparently defunct OMGautos, also got his CC Spring Training TTM attempt back the same week that I did and he had a hypothesis to the Bronx/Oakland dilemma. I guess that the Yankees were in CC's hometown of Oakland the week before and Dan suggested that CC got caught up on his fan mail then and had a family member take care of mailing it all out. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. But it will work for me.

I have no idea if CC is still signing through the mail, but it wouldn't hurt to send something his way this coming Spring Training to find out. Not too many of the big name players still sign TTM. So when they do, you might as well take advantage of it.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hopefully temporarily defunct :) Might be back someday.

Nice CC!

zman40 said...

I hope to see you back sometime! Maybe Redsfest might spark something.