Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2004 Donruss, Dustan Mohr



#141 Dustan Mohr

Here is a card that I got signed at a Wichita Wingnut game in 2009. Dustan was an original Wingnut and he played on the team for two seasons. I got this card signed at a pre-season game that year when the 'Nuts hosted Wichita's Newman University. Newman is a NCAA division two school and the main reason I went to the game was because my best friend's-wife's-sister's-boyfriend played for Newman at the time.

Dustan played in the Majors with the Twins, Giants, Rockies, Red Sox, and Devil Rays. In 504 games, he hit 49 home runs while driving in 156 and hitting at a .249 clip. In my opinion, he is the biggest name to wear the Wingnut uniform to date.

Dustan played for the Wingnuts in 2008 and 2009. He played this past season for the Atlantic League's Long Island Ducks.

I got a couple of cards signed by Dustan in his two years in Wichita and this one is by far the best looking.

2 comments:

night owl said...

Dustan also played his first season of pro ball in Watertown, N.Y. I don't think I ever got to talk to him though.

zman40 said...

I had forgot he was originally drafted by Cleveland.