Friday, December 11, 2009

1997 Score, Brian McRae



#99 Brian McRae

This is the sixth and final (so far) Brian McRae card that I have posted on here. I got this card signed this past spring at the Spring into Sports youth baseball clinic. I had another card of Brian that I got signed at the event, but I sent it to Paul since it was on a Mets card.

Brian is set to appear at Royals Fanfest next month. I think that I have one more card of him that I want signed (two if I can find another Mets card of him). When Fanfest comes, there are going to be a handful of players that I already have a ton of autographs from. I think that I will try to get some cards signed for some other bloggers with those players. Let me know if you might be interested.

So, just to recap, here are all the previous B-Mac cards I have had on here.

#1- A nice Spring Training shot on a '91 Leaf.

#2- A nice posed shot on the old Royals Stadium astroturf, courtesy of '91 Topps.

#3- Another Spring Training batting picture from '92 Donruss. But this one has Brian seemingly leaping over a pitch in a single bound.

#4- A nice-looking '92 Stadium Club of Brian heading to first in powder blue.

#5- A '95 Leaf card of Brian as a Cub.

I like the photo on this card (I know another blogger that might like it as well and it isn't the Night Owl). The photo seems real clean and crisp. It also appears that Brian has come to a stop. It must have been a quick play (like scoring from third on a groundball) since it seems that there wasn't enough time to get the bat out of the way.

6 comments:

Field of Cards said...

That looks great too. Do you tell these players "HEY SIGN IT BIG AND BOLD THANKS!" ?

Where's the Hal McRae auto? Bring it on!

zman40 said...

LOL, no I just let them sign it however they see fit.

Unfortunately, no Hal. I'm not sure if he and the Royals had a falling out or if there has been a conflict of interest in the past while he was coaching in Tampa Bay and St. Louis. Either way, that is one that I would like to add to the mix.

Anonymous said...

That's a great photo, but I never cared for that particular card design. Big white borders aren't much of a selling point.

Thanks again for the McRae card you sent to me this summer. For the curious, I have it scanned & posted here: http://paulsrandomstuff.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/brian-mcrae/

zman40 said...

Yeah, the design is a little bland. Thanks for posting the link.

unclemoe said...

I wouldn't mind a Brian McRae if you end up with an extra in a Cubs uniform. I'll look and see if I can find one to send you with the other cards I have ready to go.

moe.

Play at the Plate said...

WOW...that is S.W.E.E.T. Nice one Z!