Thursday, December 10, 2009

1997 Cal/Car All-Stars, George Lombard



#35 George Lombard

Sorry for the super-late post, but I've had a long day today. For starters, I ended up having to work three and half hours longer than I was supposed to. To make the day even worse, I stayed up too late last night and got up too early today. Then throw in the fact that I am getting a cold and you might begin to see how my day was. I came home from work and ate and then fell asleep on the couch watching hockey.

I'm up now, so here is a post for George Lombard.

This is another card that Paul, from Paul's Random Stuff, got signed for me at an Atlantic League game this past summer. George was playing for the Ducks at the time.

George has been playing pro ball since 1994. I thought that he was a career minor leaguer, but I was wrong. He has appeared in 144 Major League games with the Braves, Tigers, Devil Rays, and Nationals. Half of those games came in 2002 as a member of the Tigers. For his career, he is a .220 hitter who has 77 hits and 111 strikeouts.

He has also played at the AAA level with Boston, Florida, Los Angeles, and Cleveland. He played in 8 games this past year with the Columbus Clippers before moving to the Atlantic League. With the Ducks, he hit .343 in 50 games with 11 homers and 49 RBI. I would think with a season like that, he will have a job somewhere next season.

3 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Zman, I'm really enjoying these autos. That set was just made for signatures.

Paul Hadsall said...

I thought the design looked a little familiar when you started posting them. Now I know why. :)

zman40 said...

Brian- I got two signed in '08 and two in '09. I hope that the trend continues in 2010.

Paul- That is why. Thanks again.