Friday, December 4, 2009

1997 Bowman, Jamey Wright



#403 Jamey Wright

Here is a card that I got signed back in April. I had the day off on a Monday, so I went to Kansas City to get some autographs. I got to the ballpark around noon and stayed for about three hours. I was planning on going go to the game, but I was freezing after three hours in the parking lot and decided to go home. I got home in time to see the game on TV. I ended up missing a pretty good ballgame. But, I was warm, though.

Jamey was a starter for most of his career. He has spent time with the Rockies (twice), Brewers, Cardinals, Royals (twice), Giants, and Rangers. In 2006, the Giants started to use him as a reliever and the Rangers followed suit the following season. In his first year with the Rangers, he posted the best ERA of his career, 3.62. It jumped up to 5.12 in his second season and the Rangers let him walk. He signed with the Royals last off-season and posted a 4.33 ERA with them this past year. He is now a free agent.

Last week I posted a card of Scott Livingstone and talked about a crazy, come from behind win for the Rockies. Jamey Wright was the starter in that game for the Rox and he got rocked.

I got this card from checkoutmycards.com.

No comments: