Thursday, September 3, 2009

1985 O-Pee-Chee, Rollie Fingers



#182 Rollie Fingers

Here is another card that I got signed at the College World Series this year. Rollie was a last-minute addition to the AT&T signing booth and I didn't have a card of him with me. So, I had to scramble over the card shop across the street to find one. I asked the shop owner if he had any and he went to check. When he came back, he said that he couldn't find his A-F box. And that was that. So, I started looking through boxes of cards that were sitting on counters. I made it through one box while only finding a couple of cards from the '80s. I gave up on that approach when I noticed a big box of team sets. I started going through those and eventually found a couple of mid 80s team sets of the Brewers. I think he charged me $7 for this '85 OPC team set. If anyone needs some '85 OPC Brewer cards, I'm your man.

This is the only Topps look-alike OPC card that I have had signed. So, it is a nice addition to the collection. I would have preferred to have had my '81 Donruss card signed instead, but this one still looks good.

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

Rollie has such a nice signature...nice pick up.