Wednesday, September 30, 2009

1990 Upper Deck, Xavier Hernandez



#26 Xavier Hernandez

Here is the card that was supposed to be the only post for today. But, I got lazy last night and didn't get the Jerry White one up.

I got this card signed a couple of months ago in Scranton, Pennsylvania. It was the same weekend that I went to the ARCA race at Pocono. Xavier is the pitching coach for the Durhamn Bulls and he was nice enough to sign the two cards that I took with me. I usually take three cards of a player/coach, but I was running short on time before I left and decided that two would have to do.

Xavier pitched for ten years on the Majors with five different clubs. His best season was probably in 1993 as an Astro. He appeared in 72 games that year and had a 2.61 ERA with career high 101 strikeouts. He had a good year in '92, as well, when he had a career best 2.11 ERA and 111 innings pitched. But I like his '93 stats better since he had more strikouts and fewer walks in 14.1 less innings.

No comments: