Friday, September 18, 2009

1981 Donruss, Tom Herr



#68 Tom Herr

When I got home from the airport yesterday, I had a nice little package waiting for me from Paul, of Paul's Random Stuff. In it were more cards of current Atlantic League players and coaches that Paul was nice enough to get signed for me. He also threw in a bunch of Royals cards and a healthy stack of autographed cards that I am assuming are current and former Atlantic League players. Between the 22 signed cards that he sent, the 48 cards that I got signed at games in Wilmington and Baltimore, and the lone TTM I got while I was away, I'd say that I had a pretty good week. Plus, I have finally broken the 1000 signed cards mark.

So here is a Tom Herr card that Paul was able to get signed for me. Tom is a coach for the Lancaster Barnstormers. Tom played in three World Series with the Cardinals in the '80s and was an All-Star in 1985. That season, Tom drove in 110 RBI while only hitting 8 home runs. No other player in the National League has done that since (more than 100 RBI with fewer than 10 HR).

Thanks Paul!

'81 Donruss Tracker: 28/100

No comments: