Friday, November 14, 2008

1981 Donruss 12



#8 Mark Fidrych

I got this card signed through the mail early last week. I found The Bird's home address on the Bad Wax blog. This was the first card I ever sent out to a retired player. It took me only nine days to get it back; deffinitely a lot quicker than current players.

I'm not going to get into The Birds career or his arm problems. If you want to read more about that, check out the Bad Wax post. But, I will say that I like this addition to my collection.

This card is signed with a pen, rather than the usual Sharpie. I usually don't like pen autographs on cards, but this one is the best looking one that I have. I think that it's becasue of the '81 Donruss, which uses a cheap card stock which is really thin. It's more like writing on paper rather than cardboard.

1 comment:

Chemgod said...

I'm glad that I am helping people get the cards they always wanted signed. I agree with you on the card stock though, it's hard to remember how thin these cards really were.
Thanks for the shout out.