Thursday, June 20, 2013

1981 Donruss, Bill Lee


#211 Bill Lee

Here is the Spaceman card that I got signed on my second attempt. I originally wrote to Bill in 2009 and I sent him three cards to sign. I sent him this card, a '75 Topps, and a Senior League card. The last two came back signed, but the Donruss card was never seen again. After finally re-acquiring this card, I sent it back out to him in October and I got it back a month later. This card was sent to Bill's home address in Vermont, but the return envelope was postmarked in Oakland.

My first attempt will Bill came back without an inscription. I must have got lucky this time around to get his famed "EARTH" inscription. It seems a little bit pointless, but I like the quirkiness.

On the college baseball front, Indiana has been eliminated. Luckily, none of you had them going to the finals.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 123/100

No comments: