Tuesday, June 4, 2013

1981 Donruss, Rick Manning


#202 Rick Manning

I am finally past card number 200, so I guess that I am about a third of the way through posting my most recent additions to the '81 Donruss set. Yes, I am going to be posting these cards for some time to come.

Here is the Rick Manning card that I got signed through the mail last July. I sent three cards for him to sign and he signed all three for me. I already posted the first one and it can be seen here.

As for the College World Series Contest, the teams for the Super Regionals are set. The teams play a best of three series and the winners go on to Omaha. So, if you picked one of the teams listed below, you have a fifty-fifty chance of getting a point for that spot. Interestingly, every number one seed, except for two, won their regional. The exceptions were Oregon and Virginia Tech, who lost to Rice and Oklahoma, respectively.

1. South Carolina at North Carolina
2. Rice at North Carolina St
3. UCLA at Cal St Fullerton
4. Oklahoma at LSU
5. Louisville at Vanderbilt
6. Indiana at Florida St
7. Mississippi St at Virginia
8. Kansas St at Oregon St

Super Regionals start Friday.

No comments: