Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1960 Topps







This is a good way to start the blog. This is the oldest card that I have autographed. I like it because Larsen is obviously the only pitcher to throw a perfect game in the World Series, but also because it depicts him as a KC Athletic.


I bought this card from a local card shop about a week before Larsen came to town at a baseball card show. I don't remember what year it was (probably around 1989). The show was at the mall and the autograph was free, if I remember correctly.

2 comments:

Goose Joak said...

Holy $@^@$ that card is awesome. That's gotta be one of your favorites, right?

zman40 said...

Is that one of my favorites? Hell yeah! For one, this was my oldest autographed card for nearly 20 years. Plus, he's the only person to throw a perfect game in the World Series. He's not a Hall of Famer, but he does hold some major clout in baseball lore. And how can you not love a KC A's card?