Saturday, July 6, 2019

2008 Topps, Shelley Duncan


#UH308 Shelley Duncan

Here is the final single card post from 2008 Topps. I still have quite a few cards from the set to show and those are going to have to be broken up into multiple posts, so I am not quite done with the set yet.

Here is the card of Shelley Duncan that I got signed at a Diamondbacks Spring Training game in 2014. I had set up shop along the third base line that day and somehow he had gotten past me down the line. But when I called out to him, he came back over to me and signed one of the three cards I had of him.

Shelley played in the Majors for parts of 7 seasons with the Yankees, Indians, and Rays. Over that time, he was a .226 hitter with 43 home runs and 144 RBI. His best season was with the Indians in 2011 when he had career highs in average (.260), doubles (17), homers (11), and RBI (47).

Currently, Shelley is working for the Blue Jays as their Major League field coordinator. I have no idea what a field coordinator does. But he is listed with the Jays coaching staff and is assigned a number, so he must suit up for games.

No comments: