Thursday, January 21, 2010

A pack of Phungo and I've been BOpped

I got a couple of packages in the mail the other day, so I figured that I would show them on here.

First up is the pack of 2010 Phungo that I got. I didn't get any black bordered inserts, but I did get some cool cards. Here is the highlights of the pack.



I got lucky and got a pack loaded with Royals. That will probably be the last time that happens this year.

The first card is of Mike Moustakes, the Royals 2007 first round draft pick. Mike played for the Wilmington Blue Rocks last year and led them to the Carolina League finals.

The second card is of the Judy Johnson statue that sits in front of Frawley Stadium in Wilmington, Delaware. Judy, whose real name is William, was a Delaware native that was a star in the Negro Leagues in the '20s and '30s.

The third card is of Jim Eisenreich. I always think of Jim as a Royal and he usually attends Royals Fanfest. But, it is good to see that he also takes part in Phillies events, too. Jim is a good guy.

The fourth card is from Baseball Cards magazine. When I first saw it, I instantly thought I had a 2008 Topps Heritage card of Bret Saberhagen. Luckily, that notion didn't last too long and I was able to figure it out.

There were also Phungo cards of JA Happ and Ryan Howard as well as some assorted Royals cards. Overall, it was a great pack. Thanks Phungo!

The other package I got was from Rod, of Padrographs, and he Bipped me. Actually he BOpped me.



So there were only nine of them. I know it's low for Bippage, but it is still my first. But, he also included some '09 Topps U&H Royals cards and a bunch of Bos and Bretts. Thanks Rod!

If anyone needs a 1987 Topps Bo Jackson, I might have one or two I could spare.

1 comment: