Friday, January 29, 2010

1981 Donruss, Dusty Baker



#179 Dusty Baker

Here is the second Dusty baker card that I got back a couple of weeks ago. This card was the main reason for writing Dusty. I threw in the '75 Topps card since I found it at the card shop and I like the set.

Like I said in the previous Dusty Baker post, I sent this card to Dusty during Spring Training last year. During the summer, I went to a Royals game when they were hosting the Reds. I was kind of frustrated because I didn't have his '81 Donruss card with me to get signed. In fact, by that point, I had practically given up on it. Luckily, he didn't sign any autographs that day, so I didn't miss out. By October, I had given up on this card and even put it on my want list so that I could try again. GCRL was nice enough to send one my way and now I have a duplicate.

I don't care for cards signed in ballpoint, but it doesn't look bad on the '81 Donruss set. This one looks much better than the one on the '75 Topps card.

I like how Dusty signs his name. His "t" and "y" morph together to form an original letter and then continues on to the "B" with out lifting the pen.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 41/100

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

That's actually a pretty nice signature. He signed in a spot where it doesn't get too lost in the picture.