Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1977 O-Pee-Chee, Jim Rooker



#161 Jim Rooker

Here is the third and final Jim Rooker card I got signed at Fanfest. I of course got this card from checkoutmycards.com and even though it has a nice crease in it, I couldn't pass up getting a '70s OPC card signed. I think that I now have four OPC cards signed- one each from the '70s, '80s, '90s, and '00s.

It seems that the main reason Jim was at Fanfest was to promote his new career. He is now writing baseball themed childrens book. Nearly the whole day I was at Fanfest, Jim sat at a desk selling books and signing autographs. The only time I didn't see him there was when Royals broadcaster Denny Matthews was there selling books and signing autographs. During that time, Jim was on the main stage being interviewed about his books. I was too far away to hear much of that interview, but if you are interested, you can check out his site here. If you buy a book, you can even get a free autographed card from him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting. I don't think very many former ballplayers have become children's book authors.

Orioles Magic said...

I agree with Paul on that one. I wonder if he will write one about the dangers of chewing tobacco.