Friday, January 29, 2010

1981 Donruss, Greg Pryor



#278 Greg Pryor

I think that this is the sixth Greg Pryor card on here. But, this one is different from the rest. This one is on an '81 Donruss which makes it the best out of the six. Plus, you just can't beat the early '80s White Sox uniforms. Those collared jerseys just scream disco.

I got this card signed after I got the George Brett card signed. At Fanfest, there was three autograph tables set up. Since this year is the 25th anniversary of the Royals lone World Championship, they had a bunch of guys there from that team. There was about eighteen of them there and they were all divided up six apiece for the three tables. As soon as I exited the line with George Brett, I made my rounds to the other two lines to see if I could still get in one. They were both closed off, so I went back to the George Brett line to get in line for the next session.

While I was standing there, some guy ran up to his wife and said that Bret Saberhagen was signing for extra people. He got what he needed from her and made a beeline over to Sabes. I followed him and by the time we got there, Saberhagen was gone. But, Greg Pryor was standing around signing a couple of extras and I was lucky enough to get this card signed then.

I picked up this card from checkoutmycards.com.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 42/100

No comments: