Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1975 Topps, Jim Rooker



#148 Jim Rooker

Here is the second Jim Rooker card that I got signed at Fanfest.

When I finally got through the long line to get into Fanfest, I headed to the first autograph line that I could find. I stood there for about an hour until the signing started. After I got my cards signed, I headed over to the next line to catch the tail end of it. To my amazement, they were not letting any more people into the line. Instead of signing for a certain amount of time like they had done in the past, they were only signing for a set number of people. So, I had been there for about an hour and a half and only had three cards signed. To add to my frustration, it would be another hour and a half until I got any more cards signed.

So, my Dad and I got in another line where a lady said that Billy Butler would be signing. Rather than just stand there, we took turns exploring the rest of Fanfest. There wasn't much there that interested us, but I did find a booth I didn't know about where Jim Rooker was signing. So I hopped in a line that had about six people in it and got my cards signed. Jim was nice enough to sign all three cards that I had of him.

While I was waiting in that short line, I saw another Royals alumni in the same area just checking things out. Once I had my Rooker cards signed, I went over to the other alum and he signed four cards for me. Those seven autographs were enough to cool me down a bit and I wasn't as pissed off as I had been before. But, my frustration would return about two hours later (I'll get into that one next week).

All three Jim Rooker cards I have were purchased from checkoutmycards.com. Of the three, this one is in the best condition. I probably could have bought this card at the local shop in better shape, but it is so much easier just getting it online.

1 comment:

AlbuqwirkE said...

That's a great signature on a wonderful card!