Sunday, June 21, 2009

1989 Procards, Carl Willis



#567 Carl Willis

Here is the second of three Willis cards that were signed by the Indians pitching coach in April. For some reason, the 2009 Topps Heritage coaches card was not one of the three that I had him sign. So, I still have one more card that I want his signature on. That card is only halfway complete.

This is only the second card from this set that I have gotten signed. The other one is of Jay Bell when he was with the Buffalo Bisons.

This card features Carl as an Edmonton Trapper. The Trappers were the Angels AAA team when this card came out. Today, the only team playing in Edmonton is the Capitals of the Golden Baseball League. Luckily, I double checked before I posted this because I was going to call them the Cracker Cats. They apparently decided to change their name

2 comments:

Dean Family said...

I remember the Sparky Anderson comment referring to him as the next Rollie Fingers. Oh well!

zman40 said...

Wow, I had never heard that before. I didn't even know who he was before last season. Thanks for that little tid-bit.