Thursday, June 18, 2009

1987 Topps, Hal Lanier



#343 Hal Lanier

I'm finally back to the daily autographed cards. I was going to post this card yesterday until I came across the O-Pee-Chee cards. So, here is the details on this Hal Lanier card.

I got this card in a trade with Tom, of Astros Baseball Cards. A few weeks ago, he posted a couple of Hal Lanier cards that he had got signed through the mail. He said that he had gotten a couple extras signed as well. Right around that time, I posted a Terry Puhl card on here and he left a comment that he didn't have any signed Puhl's. So, we worked out a trade and I sent him a Terry Puhl that I got at Astros Fanfest and he sent me one of his extra Hal Laniers.

To be honest, I do not know much about Hal. But, you can never go wrong with a signed '87 Topps card. Just ask Dan at OMGautos. It turns out Hal played in the Majors for ten years in the '60s and '70s for the Giants and Yankees. I may need to find a card of him from his playing days to send to him.

No comments: