Thursday, June 11, 2009

1987 Fleer, Carl Willis



#218 Carl Willis

Here is the Indians pitching coach, Carl Willis. I got this card signed the day before Astros fanfest while the Tribe was taking batting practice prior to their exhibition game.

Carl's career spanned over twelve years, but there was one season he didn't play and two more where he spent it all in AAA. When he was in the big leagues, he spent time with the Tigers, Reds, White Sox, and Twins. He seems to have had the most success with the Twins and even appeared in four games during the 1991 World Series.

It's a good thing that the photographer had a flash for this picture. It is pretty dark in the background. It doesn't appear to be getting dark, it just looks really overcast.

Also, Grienke is starting tonight. So, we will have a winner of the contest at some point. Unfortunately (for the winners, not for me), I'm heading to Omaha for the weekend and I won't be able to get the prizes mailed out until Monday. As for posts this weekend, I may do a few tonight and change the date so that they show up over the next couple of days. I'm still deciding on that one. But, I will announce the winners tonight.

No comments: