Thursday, July 6, 2017

1985 Topps, Joe Carter


#694 Joe Carter

Nearly two years ago to the day, I had the privilege of doing a West Coast ballpark tour with my best friend, Dustin. On the first day, we went to a Mariners game at Safeco Field. For day two, we drove down to the Portland area to take in a Hillsboro Hops game.

Prior to going on the trip, I was in contact with Rod, from Padrographs, to see if he wanted to meet up in Hillsboro. He obliged and I was able to meet another blogger in person to take in a game. Being Rod, he arrived at the park with a bag of goodies for me to take home. This was one of those goodies. In fact, I think he gave me four signed Joe Carter cards that day. If I had to guess, I would think that he got a good deal on a lot and only needed the Padres cards out of it.

This is now the third Carter card that I have posted on here. I met him at the College World Series one year and got his '84 Donruss rookie card signed as well as a '94 Pinnacle. So, this is the first card of him as an Indian. I am pretty sure the next three will have him as an Indian, too.

No comments: