Monday, October 29, 2012

1966 Topps, Ron Tompkins/Larry Stahl


#107 Ron Tompkins/Larry Stahl

This is a card that I originally posted a little over a year ago. The only difference is that when I first posted it, it did not include Larry Stahl's signature on it. I sent the card to Ron Tompkins first since I bought the card to try to get signed in person at a Kansas City A's reunion. When I failed at that attempt, I sent the card to Ron and it came back signed, but with many creases in it. Needless to say, I was a little bummed out when that happened.

When I first posted the card, I asked if I should send that card to Stahl as is or try again with a new card. Ryan, from The Great Orioles Autograph Project, thought that I should send the card as is as "it's got some character now". I was a little reluctant to do so at first, but I eventually tracked down Larry's address and I sent the card out. I mailed it off in the middle of September and I had it back five days later. It was a nice and speedy return.

I'm glad that I took Ryan's advice and sent the card to Stahl as is. The card now has two signatures on it, so who cares if there are eight creases on one side of it. At least it is complete and that makes it a gem mint ten in my book!

This is the second oldest dual signed card that I own.

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

I'm glad that it worked out!