Friday, October 26, 2012

1964 Topps, Hal Brown


#56 Hal Brown

1964 Topps was the last Topps set that I did not have an autograph from. That all changed this past July when I got this card back from Hal Brown. I now have a signed card from every Topps base set since 1952. Also with this card, I have a signed card from every team that played in the Majors since '52 including both renditions of the Senators, Pilots, Browns, Brooklyn Dodgers, Philadelphia and Kansas City A's, and New York Giants. So, crossing off the Colt .45s and 1964 Topps was a nice little milestone I accomplished.

Hal had a long career in the Majors that spanned fourteen seasons with the White Sox, Red Sox, Orioles, Yankees, and Colt .45s. He started and relieved and spent a bulk of his time with Baltimore. He reached double digits in wins four times while attaining a career-high of 12 in 1960 with the O's. He finished that season 12-5 with a 3.06 ERA. For his career, Hal was 85-92 with 11 saves and a 3.91 ERA and 710 strikeouts.

I sent this card to Hal during the first week of June and I got it back in the final week of July. For a bit, I was wondering if I was going to get this card back.

No comments: