Tuesday, October 23, 2012

1962 Topps, Roy Sievers


#220 Roy Sievers

Here is the second card that I sent to Roy when I sent him his '58 Topps card. I had bought that card about three years ago with the hopes of sending it to him. Then, 2011 rolled around and Topps Heritage came out in the form of the 1962 Topps set. That was when I realized that I didn't have a signed card from the '62 set. So, I picked up this card from checkoutmycards and then it took me another year to get around to sending it out to him.

When I finally did get this card back in the mail, it got me thinking about which Topps sets I did not have any autographs on. That prompted me to figure it out and pick up some cards from the Topps sets where I was lacking autographs. After I post my next post, I will have posted a card from every base Topps set up to 2006. Now, I just need to figure out which early Bowman sets I need autographs on and add those to my collection, too. It is fun to get autos on the early sets.

No, this card is not badly mis-cut. For some reason, I put my cards into my scanner upside-down. I was going to re-scan it, but I figured it wasn't worth the time of digging the card back out and warming up the scanner again. It is not like the scanner lopped off anything important.

No comments: