Monday, January 23, 2012

2006 Topps, Paul McAnulty



#325 Paul McAnulty

Here is the second card of Paul McAnulty that I got signed after a Colorado Springs Sky Sox game last July. Paul was playing with the visiting Salt Lake Bees and he was nice enough to sign for me after his team lost a ten inning heart-breaker.

Paul has spent parts of five seasons in the Majors and he has logged playing time in 133 games. Nine of those games were spent with the Angels and the rest were with the Padres. Through those 133 games, Paul is hitting .201 with 6 home runs and 23 RBI in 234 at-bats. Paul hasn't played in the bigs since 2010.

It's not too often that I post an autograph of a Padre that was not given to me by Rod from Padrographs. But this is one right here. To be fair, Rod did give me a signed copy of this card. But, it is always more fun to have an autograph in the collection that was obtained in person. So, if anyone needs this card, I have an extra.

I'm always surprised when I see Paul listed as an outfielder. He just doesn't look like the outfielder type to me. He is short and round and I always think of him as a catcher, even though he has never caught a professional game in his ten-year career.

No comments: