Monday, January 2, 2012

2006 Sweet Spot, Zack Greinke



#86 Zack Greinke

Here is another card from the 2009 American League Cy Young Award winner that I got signed in April of that season. This is now the fourth Greinke card that I have posted on here and the last two were both signed by the Royals parking lot before a game. I never bought any Sweet Spot in 2006, so this card was most likely given to me by another blogger with some random Royals cards. It is always cool to get some higher end base cards to get signed since I am not willing to shell out the money for the higher end stuff.

I meant to post this yesterday on my day off, but I could not think of anything to say. I enjoyed Zack's time with the Royals, but his chronic bitching over his final season in Kansas City got old and I was happy to see him go. Do I wish he was still a Royal now that they have some talent surfacing at the Major League level? Of course I do. But he didn't want to be a part of it and I think everyone is better off after the trade.

When I first heard of the trade, I thought that Royals could have gotten a little more in the deal. But when I saw that they included Yuniesky Betancourt in the deal with Greinke, I was happy with it. Two clubhouse cancers gone in one swoop. That is I was happy with it until the Royals signed Betancourt to be their utility infielder next season. Yuni has never played third in his life and hasn't played second in about five years. How does that make him a utility infielder? He can only play shortstop. I'm starting to not like the Greinke trade as much as I did a year ago.

No comments: