Sunday, January 15, 2012

2006 Topps, Kyle Davies



#239 Kyle Davies

Here is a card of Kyle Davies that I got signed at Royals Fanfest in 2009. At the event that year, all of the autograph stations were equipped with silver Sharpies. Since this card is dominated by the Braves dark warm-up jersey, I decided to give the silver Sharpie a shot. Unfortunately, it was barely noticeable and, before I left his station, I had Kyle resign the card in black. He did a good job of staying over his silver signature, but you can still see part of it and it kind of gives the sig a two-tone look to it. I wasn't into prepping cards yet at that point in 2009 and I wonder if prepping the card would have made a difference with the silver.

Kyle, a Georgia native, was drafted by the Braves out of high school in the fourth round of the 2001 draft. He ascended through the Braves system quickly and he made his Major league debut for them in 2005 at the age of twenty-one. He pitched in 21 games for the Braves that year (14 starts) and he finished the season 7-6 with a 4.93 ERA.

In 2006, Kyle split his time between the Atlanta Braves and the Richmond Braves. In 14 Major League starts that season, Kyle went 3-7 with a 8.38 ERA. The following season, Kyle was 4-8 through 17 starts with the Braves before being dealt to the Royals for Octavio Dotel.

Sorry about the recent lack of posts. I really have no excuse for it and I hope to pick it up a bit during the second half of this month.

No comments: