Sunday, November 16, 2008

1990 CMC



#73 Jose Castro

This wasn't the start to the '90s that I was looking for. I don't have any '90 Bowman signed, so we start off the '90s with a minor league card of a career minor leaguer.

I got this card signed at a Ranger's game in September. Jose was the hitting coach for the Mariners. Jose must not get many requests to sign cards because I asked him to sign as he walked by, and he said "Who, me?". He then came over and signed this card.

Looking at his stats, he is the deffinition of "career minor leaguer". He played thirteen seasons in the minors, ten of them in AAA. So he got to AAA pretty fast and put up decent numbers in his first season, hitting .303 and posting an OPS of .846. He had two more seasons later on that were nearly identical. But, he never got a shot in the Majors.

No comments: