Sunday, April 19, 2015

2006 Choice International League Top Prospects, Pat Neshek


#19 Pat Neshek

Back in January, I sent Pat Neshek his 2014 Topps All Star card and three other extra signed cards that I had laying around. Pat signed the card for me and sent me three minor league cards of himself that he had signed. This is one of those cards.

This is a cool card since it commemorates the top prospects in the International League. I like is since that I live in the Midwest, it is hard for me to see International League games. In fact, I have only been to one International League game. To contrast that, I have been to about seven Pacific Coast League games.

Pat had a stellar year in the IL in 2006. He went 6-2 with 14 saves and a 1.95 ERA. He made his big league debut that same season and put up similar numbers- 4-2 with a 2.19 ERA.

Since I am so far behind on posting cards, it is fun to actually post a card of a current player and to see what he is up to right now. Currently, Pat has no record in five outings with the Astros. He has given up 2 runs in 5 innings of work, good for a 3.60 ERA. That ERA is a little high for him, but it is still early.

This is the second card of Pat that I have posted. The first one can be seen here.

No comments: