Tuesday, August 19, 2014

1993 Pinnacle, Dave Magadan


#237 Dave Magadan

Here is a card that I got signed in Kansas City last summer. Dave is the batting coach for the Rangers and I was able to get him to sign one card outside of the ballpark before the last Royals game of the season.

Dave played in the Major Leagues for sixteen seasons. He saw time with the Mets, Marlins, Mariners, Astros, Cubs, A's, and Padres. He was a corner infielder throughout his career who saw a tad bit more time from the left side of the diamond. Dave was a .288 career hitter with 42 home runs and 495 RBI. He finished his career with a .390 OBP and had about 150 more walks than strikeouts.

His best season came with the Mets in 1990. That season, he had career-highs in average (.328), home runs (6), and RBI (72).

I had three cards of Dave that day, but he just signed this one. I would have preferred that he signed his '87 Topps Future Stars card, but beggars can't be choosers. This is still a good looking card that commemorates the inaugural Marlins team. Plus, it is the only card that I have signed from this set.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Dave Magadan was one of my favorite players to collect cards of. I have 50 of his 1987 Topps cards.

zman40 said...

That is a lot of one card. You could really do some Bipping with those.