Monday, August 25, 2014

1993 Score, Mike Butcher


#277 Mike Butcher

Here is the second and final card, I believe, that Mike Butcher signed for me last year at a Royals game. Mike is the pitching coach for the Angels and I got the cards signed prior to a game as he was talking to an acquaintance in the stands. I could have got some more cards signed by him this year as he was talking to whom I assume was the same acquaintance, but I do not have any cards of him besides the ones that are already signed.

Mike pitched in the Majors for four seasons, all with the Angels. He pitched entirely out of the bullpen and compiled an 11-4 ERA with 9 saves and 4.47 ERA for his career. His best season was in 1993. That year, he was 1-0 with a 2.86 ERA and 8 saves.

Mike has been the Angles pitching coach for eight seasons.

The first card I posted of Mike can be seen here. It is kind of funny that he added his number to that minor league card, but not this Major League one.

No comments: