Wednesday, February 23, 2011

1997 Circa, Kevin Seitzer



#152 Kevin Seitzer

Here is the second Seitzer card that I got signed at Fanfest last month. The first card, which I posted one month and one day ago, can be seen here.

I bought this card for cheap from checkoutmycards.com just prior to Fanfest. I have a few Royals cards and a Brewers card signed by Kevin, but I still needed an Indians card signed by him. When I saw this card, I just assumed that it had to be from the incredibly crazy 1995 Fleer set. That is the only thing that I thought when I saw this card. So, I bought it and when I saw it in person, I could tell just how wrong I was. Maybe I should pay a little more attention when I buy my cards online.

As it turned out, this card is from Skybox's Circa set. Who would have thought it? If this crazy-looking set wasn't modeled after '95 Fleer, than I am losing my mind. Sure, this set may be a little toned down from the '95 Fleer, but just barely. They scrapped the biography information (height, weight, birth year) for a quote and threw some foil on the card and now we have Circa instead of Fleer. I guess it should come as no surprise that Skybox was owned by Fleer at the time. No wonder Fleer is not around anymore. They couldn't learn from their past mistakes. Maybe Topps could learn a little lesson from this.

But, overall, I am completely happy with the way this card turned out. Now, I just need to get an A's card signed by Kevin and then I should be good to go.

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

What a crazy looking card. I think you might remember my thoughts on '95 Fleer.