Saturday, May 31, 2014

1990 Topps, Curt Young


#328 Curt Young

This is the first of three cards that Curt Young signed for me before an A's Spring Training game this year. The A's were the visiting team at Camelback Ranch and I decided to 'graph their side over the White Sox. I think I made the right choice as I got signatures from all of the A's coaches and a couple of the players. Curt is the team's pitching coach.

I am guessing that this is the "hurried ballpark signature" version of Curt's autograph. There is an example autograph from him on his Baseball Almanac page and, while they are similar, that one is much cleaner looking. In fact, it is almost readable.

Curt pitched for the A's, Royals, and Yankees during his eleven year career. All but one of those seasons was spent with Oakland.

The college baseball regionals are underway and there have been three teams eliminated so far. One of those was Florida State, the number five national seed. They were picked by thirteen people to advance to Omaha. The other two teams eliminated were not picked by anybody to advance.

No comments: