Monday, May 19, 2014

1989-90 Pacific Senior League, Bob Shirley


#207 Bob Shirley

I finally have a new computer, so now I can get back to my semi-regular posting.

Here is the Bob Shirley card that I got signed when I sent him his '81 Donruss card in November of 2012. Bob signed both of the cards and had them back to me in a month.

Bob's Orlando Juice (the OJ's?) finished the season 37-35, just missing the playoffs by one game to the Bradenton Explorers. Bob contributed by going 6-6 with a 4.93 ERA.

I made it to three ballgames last week, seeing the Wichita Wingnuts, Kansas State Wildcats, and Kansas City Royals. It was an OK week as I got thirteen cards signed at the Nuts game, one at the Cats game, and four at the Royals game. But, the best part was that all three home teams won. The Nuts came back from an early 6-2 deficit to win. The Cats scored three in the bottom of the ninth to walk off with a victory. Then I got to see Alex Gordon go 4-4 with two home runs and six RBI in the Royals win. Not a bad week.

No comments: