Sunday, April 13, 2014

1990 Fleer, Gary Ward


#618 Gary Ward

Here is the third and final Gary Ward card that I got signed during Spring Training in 2013. Gary is the hitting coach for the White Sox AA team, the Birmingham Barons, and I got the cards signed after the Sox minor leaguers worked out the day I was there. You can see the first card I posted here and the second one here.

I now have five cards signed by Gary after meeting him in Arizona last year and from a TTM success from four years ago. Those signed cards consist of two Twins cards, two Rangers cards, and this Tigers card. It seems that all I am missing is a signed Yankees card. I wish I would have realized that before Spring Training last year.

Gary's career spanned twelve seasons. He was a two-time All Star, but never played in the playoffs. His best season was with the Twins in 1982. That year, he hit .289 and had career highs in home runs (28) and RBI (91).

No comments: