Monday, September 2, 2013

1981 Donruss, Gaylord Perry


#471 Gaylord Perry

Here is the second card of Gaylord Perry that I got signed at All Star Fanfest last summer. I posted the first card about nine months ago and it can be seen here. I can't believe that I was posting cards from the '60s last November and I still haven't made it through '81 Donruss yet.

Gaylord's career spanned twenty-two seasons and he saw time with the Giants, Indians, Rangers, Padres, Yankees, Braves, Mariners, and Royals. He made five All Star teams and won two Cy Young awards. He was a five-time 20 game winner and is in the top-ten all time for innings pitched (5350), strikeouts (3534), and starts (690). Gaylord finished his career 314-265 with 11 saves and a 3.11 ERA. He was elected into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1991.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 150/100

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

That is excellent Z! Congrats.