Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2004 Topps Heritage, Todd Self



#339 Todd Self

Here is the second card of Todd Self that I have posted this month. The first one, which I got in Tulsa in 2008, can be seen here.

This autograph, on the other hand, was obtained a year later. I think that I only went to one Wichita Wingnut game in 2009 and it was against the St. Paul Saints. One of the main reasons I wanted to go to the game was to see Tanner Scheppers pitch for the Saints. But, I also wanted to get some autographs and I was surprised to see that Todd was on the Saints roster. He was a coach on the Astros AA team in '08, but he decided to try a comeback in '09. His comeback only lasted 41 games, but he did hit .319 with a .410 OBP.

It looks like Todd's playing career is officially over, but I have no idea if he is coaching or not.

I usually don't post on Wednesday, but I figure I would throw this quick one out there instead of doing two posts on Thursday.

No comments: