Thursday, May 27, 2010

1981 Topps, John Tudor



#14 John Tudor

Here is a card that I got signed at the '85 Classic on Saturday. This year is the 25th anniversary of the Royals 1985 championship team and the team is hosting all sorts of promotions to commemorate the event. The '85 Classic was a softball game between some members of the '85 Cardinals and '85 Royals, with a few sponsers thrown in.

All of the Cardinals signed for me except for one. They were really good about signing and a couple of them even climbed up into the stands to sign. John didn't get into the stands, but he still signed all three cards for me.

Each card that John signed for me featured him on a different team. The only reason why I got this card signed is because I do not have his '81 Donruss card. I was kind of bummed out about it at the time, but there was nothing I could do about it. With my luck, I probably do have the card and I just skipped over it when I was searching.

John pitched for the Red Sox from 1979-1983. He won 13 games twice and he struck out 146 batters in 1982. Both were career highs at the time. After the '83 season, John was traded to the Pirates for Mike Easler. He would only spend one season in Pittsburgh before moving on to St. Louis.

John has a very unique signature and about the only I can make out from it is what appears to be a "T". Other than that, it's hard to tell what's going on.

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

That looks good on the '81 Topps.