Wednesday, May 12, 2010

1981 Donruss, Jeff Reardon



#156 Jeff Reardon

I've been hitting up the '81 Donruss lately via through the mail. Anymore, I'm pretty lazy about TTMing and I would rather get cards signed in person, when possible. But, money is tight this year and I do not see myself going to as many ballgames as I did last year. I've got a mini-trip to Birmingham planned, as well as the usual College World Series trip. After that, there isn't much on my agenda for the rest of the summer. Because of that, I have sent out almost twenty '81 Donruss TTMs in the past two weeks. Plus, I have addresses for another twenty, although I may not have cards for all of them.

The first one I have to show you is this Jeff Reardon rookie. I sent this card to Jeff at the end of February and I got it back at the end of April. For a bit there, I thought that this card got lost in the mail. The reason why I thought that is because Jeff is such a great and quick signer. Yet, it took me two months to get this card back while other people where getting theirs back around the same time frame after two weeks. But, it made it home safe and I am very happy with the results.

This was actually the second time I wrote to Jeff. I wrote to him the first time in the fall of 2008. When it came to sending him a card, it came down to this one and a card that had him as an Expo. I ended up picking the Expo card and I put this card on the back-burner before temporarily losing it. Luckily, Ryan from the Great Orioles Autograph Project was able to hook me up with this card to get signed. I actually found my missing card last weekend, but I don't seem to need it now thanks to Ryan.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 60/100

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking card. It's still hard to believe that Jeff Reardon started out as a Met.

Orioles Magic said...

I'm really glad that you were able to get this card signed. It's looks great signed.