Sunday, February 14, 2010

1990 Fleer, Bud Black



#486 Bud Black

Here is the third Bud Black card that I got signed. I'm not a big fan of 1990 Fleer, but this was the first card I found of him where he was an Indian. So, that was good enough for me.

Bud only played one full season in Cleveland and parts of two others. The Indians acquired him when the Royals traded him for Pat Tabler at the beginning of June in 1988. He went 12-11 in his one full season in Cleveland. He was putting up similar numbers the following year when the Tribe sent him to Toronto in September for Mauro Gozzo, Steve Cummings and Alex Sanchez. As a Blue Jay, he went 2-1 in three appearances (two starts) before becoming a free agent at the end of the season. It's kind of funny that the Jays gave the Indians one player for every appearance Bud made for them.

I still don't recognize him without a mustache.

No comments: