Sunday, February 14, 2010

1990 Score, Mike Boddicker



#31 Mike Boddicker

Here is the third Mike Boddicker card that I got signed at Fanfest. Just like with the previous Bud Black card, this was the first Boddicker card that I found with him playing for the Red Sox. Since I was looking for cards at the last minute, this card was good enough for me. The card turned out looking great with Mike's beautiful signature on it and I am happy with the results.

Speaking of 1990 Score, I kind of miss sets with muticolored borders. Every year, you either get Topps' plain border or Upper Deck's cards without borders. None of them ever switch it up like Score did in their '88, '90, and '91 sets. I guess Topps must have scared themselves away from that style after their 1990 set.

It turns out that the Red Sox acquired Boddicker from the O's for Curt Schilling and Brady Anderson. While Schilling didn't do much in Baltimore, Brady had a nice, long career there. As for Boddicker, he had a nice two and a half year run in Boston where he won 15 and 17 games in his two full seasons there. After that, he hit the free agent market and ended up in Kansas City.

The fourth and final Mike Boddicker card will be coming up tomorrow.

No comments: