Sunday, August 3, 2014

1992 Leaf, Dave Eiland


#488 Dave Eiland

Ready for back-to-back Dave Eiland signatures? I hope so because here is the first one.

I think I got five cards signed by Dave during his first year as the Royals pitching coach. All of him feature him as a Yankee, or Yankee minor leaguer, except for this one. When I saw that he had a couple of Padre cards, I picked one up off of Check Out My Cards for cheap. I like a little variety with my autographed cards.

Dave pitched in San Diego sparingly over two seasons. In his first season in 1992, he made 7 starts and pitched just 27 innings. Yikes, that is less than four innings per start! He was 0-2 with a 5.67 ERA and 5 walks with 10 strikeouts.

The next season, he made 9 starts and had a lone relief appearance and lasted 48.1 innings. He was 0-3 with a 5.21 ERA with 17 walks and 14 strikeouts. That is not a good strikeout to walk ratio.

He got released by the Padres in May of that year. He went on to pitch for two more organizations that season, but would not make it back to the Majors until 1995 when he resurfaced with the Yankees.

No comments: