Sunday, March 3, 2013

1981 Donruss, Gene Richards


#4 Gene Richards

I went a little TTM crazy on this set over the past six months and here is the first of many that I obtained that way. I sent this card to Gene in November and I got it back about three weeks later.

This is the second card of Gene that I have posted on here. I posted the first one about four years ago and it was one that was sent to me from Rod, of Padrographs. After comparing the signatures on the two cards, it would appear that they do not match each other. The first letter of his last name is quite different and the last two letters of his last name look nothing alike. The only real similarities between the two is the way the signatures slant to the right and the first letter of his first name look similar, but not identical. I got another card signed by him, so I will check that out when I get to posting it. It was obtained in the same TTM request as this card, so it will probably look a lot like this one. But, you never know.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 88/100


1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

I always struggle to figure out what's going on when I find different looking signatures of a player. Some guys change how they sign over the years but sometimes it means that one is probably not good.