Thursday, November 11, 2010

2004 Donruss, Cesar Izturis



#286 Cesar Izturis

Here is a card that I got signed in Baltimore in 2009. I flew out there in September to visit a friend and I made him take me to a couple of ballgames. One of the games was a Rays-Orioles match up at Camden Yards and I had the pleasure to meet and 'graph with Ryan, from the Great Orioles Autograph Project.

Ryan was a great host for that game. Not only did he provide us with tickets, but he also took me around to all of the autograph hot spots at the park. One of those spots was right beside the O's dugout just before the game started and that is where I got this card signed.

When we got down to that spot, Cesar was the only person in the dugout and he was just sitting on the bench. There were some people down in that area that looked like they were wanting autographs, but since Cesar wasn't signing, I just figured that they had asked and been told no. That wasn't the case because a little bit later, someone walked up and asked Cesar to sign and he did. Then I kind of felt like a dumbass, but at least I got my cards signed. He signed two of the three cards I had.

Cesar's signature isn't exactly readable, but it sure is snazzy-looking.

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable Veteran's Day.

2 comments:

Orioles Magic said...

Thanks for the shout out Zach. I'm glad that you had a good time. And thank you for serving!

zman40 said...

Thanks Ryan.