Monday, August 25, 2008

1981 Topps



Earlier this year, I started buying old packs every once in awhile on ebay. Most of them were from 1981-1986. They were usually cards from before I collected or from my first years of collecting when those cards aren't in very good shape. This is one of the cards I pulled from a 1981 Topps rack pack. I got it signed at the Willie Wilson Classic in May. It's the only Campaneris card I had at the time, besides the '81 Donruss with a nice layer of gum on the front. But about a month ago, I found two more Campaneris cards that I had this whole time ('82 Fleer and '93 Ted Williams Collection). Maybe he'll be back next year.

Earlier I posted how Amos Otis had gained a few pounds since his playing days. That is not the case for Campaneris. He looked exactly the same in May of 2008 as he does on this 1981 card.

No comments: