Wednesday, August 20, 2008

1981 Donruss 2



This is the only card from this set that I have had signed that I had before I got that box of Donruss in May. I got this card signed at the Willie Wilson Classic this past May. The WWC is an old-timer game that has been played the past couple of years at Community America Ballpark in Kansas City, Kansas (home of the Kansas City T-Bones, Northern League). It's mostly former Royals and a scattering of other former players (and some sponsors that get to play in the game).

I never got to see Otis play in person, but I always remembered him being pretty scrawny. That is no longer the case. He's a pretty big dude now. At the game, I was sitting on the first base side. Right before first pitch, this big guy walked by on the way to the dugout and I thought "Who the Hell is that?". It was Amos Otis. I never would have guessed that.

No comments: