Sunday, April 30, 2017

1981 Donruss, John Castino


#488 John Castino

Here is another somewhat recent addition to the '81 Donruss set. And by recent, I mean that it was obtained in the last year. I got this card signed through the mail last summer. It took just six days to get this card back.

John played in the Majors for six seasons, all with the Twins. Over that time. he was a .278 hitter with 41 home runs and 249 RBI. His best season was the 1980 campaign where he had single season highs in average (.302), home runs (13), and RBI (64).

Speaking of the Twins, I had the pleasure seeing them play Friday in Kansas City and I did really well 'graphing that day. I came home with two cards signed from most of their better players including Miguel Sano, Joe Mauer, and Brian Dozier. Plus, I got another card signed by Bert Blyleven. I had a ball that I wanted Paul Molitor on. He didn't sign and I kind ofregret not getting Bert on in.

'81 Donruss Tracker: #218

No comments: