Wednesday, September 21, 2016

1964 Topps, Bud Daley


#164 Bud Daley

Here is the final card from the 1964 Topps set that I have to post. This one is of the former Yankee, Bud Daley. This is the second card of Bud that I have posted on here. I posted the first one back in July and that one can be seen here. Both cards were sent to Bud in early 2014 and they both came back signed about a week later.

When I posted that first card of Bud, I had completely forgotten that I sent this card along with that one. So I said about all that I could possibly say about that TTM experience in that post. Rather than cut this post super-short, I am going to be lazy and just copy and paste the first post. Come back tomorrow and I will have a new, and original, post up.

Bud played in the Bigs for ten years, never playing for a team for more than three and a half seasons. He both started and relieved throughout his career, getting the bulk of his starts during the middle of his career with Kansas City. Over the 248 games that he pitched in, he had a 60-64 record with 10 saves and a 4.03 ERA. His best season was with the A's in 1959 when he went 16-13 with a save, a 3.16 ERA, and 125 strikeouts.

Bud made two All Star teams as an A and pitched in two World Series with the Yankees. He racked up three strikeouts in 1.2 All Star innings, ringing up the likes of Ernie Banks, Vada Pinson, and Orlando Cepeda. In the Fall Classics, he pitched eight scoreless innings and was the winning pitcher in game five of the '61 series.

No comments: